How To Vote:
1) Fill in the voter registration information and click "Vote" to begin.
After you have registered, you will be taken to the voting page. Select
and vote in
whatever categories you choose. Choices that have already been written
in by previous voters will auto-complete as you type. You can write-in a
new nominee by typing the complete name and town in the field. Once
you hit submit, the nominee will enter a queue and need to be approved
by our editors. Check to see if your choice exists prior to entering a write-in vote.
3) Click the "Submit and Continue" button to submit your votes and move to the next section. Once you click this button, you can no longer go back, so make sure you are satisfied with your selections. 4)
When you are done voting, hit the "Finalize Ballot" button. This will complete the voting process.
1) You must vote in at least 10 categories.
Don't vote for a business in a category where it doesn't apply. For
example, don't vote for a restaurant in "Best Dentist." This will be
considered ballot stuffing and your votes won't be counted.
3) The "Local Favorites" sections
are only for businesses located within that specific town or region.
For example, please don't vote for a West Hartford bar in "Local
Favorites - Manchester."
4) Online voting ends at 11:59pm EST on February 18th, 2014.
5) One ballot per person.
While campaigning for Best Of honors is fair game, inducing your fans
or patrons to vote through anything that might be constructed as a
payoff could result in your disqualification. Asking for votes: fine.
Giving someone ANYTHING in exchange for their vote: not fine, as it
taints the vote.
7) If it looks like any company is stuffing the ballots we toss that company's entries and disqualify them from consideration.