How To Vote:
1) Fill in the voter registration information and click "Vote" to begin.
2) For each category, choose your selection from
the drop-down menu. If you don't see your choice in the menu, you can write in a new choice by selecting the "Write in a new choice" option. Check to see if your choice exists in the drop-down menu before entering a write-in vote.
3) Click the "Submit and Continue" button to submit your votes and move to the next section. Once you click this button, you can no longer go back, so make sure you are satisfied with your selections.
4) There is an optional comment field under each category. Comments may be used in our
When you are done voting, hit the "Finalize Ballot" button. This will complete the voting process.
1) You must vote in at least 10 categories.
Don't vote for a business in a category where it doesn't apply. For
example, don't vote for a restaurant in "Best Dog Park." This will be
considered ballot stuffing and your votes won't be counted.
3) The "Local Favorites" sections
are only for businesses located within that specific town or region.
4) Online voting ends at 11:59pm EST on April 2nd, 2014.
5) One ballot per person. We count ballots from this website
and paper ballots from this week's CTNow newspaper. You may submit a paper ballot or an online ballot, but not both.
While campaigning for Best Of honors is fair game, inducing your fans
or patrons to vote through anything that might be constructed as a
payoff could result in your disqualification. Asking for votes: fine.
Giving someone ANYTHING in exchange for their vote: not fine, as it
taints the vote.
7) If it looks like any company is stuffing the ballots we toss that company's entries and disqualify them from consideration.
Post these flyers in your business to encourage customers to vote.
Download these buttons and place them on your website to encourage readers to vote (to download, right click on the image and select "Save Image As").